Monday 27 May 2013

NEVER FORGET - More Musical Movies - Broadway Theatre on DVD

Something a bit different this time, that I feel I must express...This Musical on DVD SUCKS...Don't watch. Bad production. Boring story...zzzzzzzzz

Broadway Theatre on DVD: NEVER FORGET

broadway theatre on DVD


Ok, I confess. This is the DVD I watched last night that bored me so much, I started to think "Hey, I need to blog this, with my Musicals filmed for DVD, to warn people about this one".

Ok, ok, ok, it's a cute show. It's original...but let's not beat about the bush - this show is so boring, and dull. The music is OK, it's the music of Take That. If you're a Take That fan, great. If not, stay away.

I watched the DVD extras about how they made this show. They said that when they were writing it, they didn't want to shoehorn Take That's tunes into the story. What a load of crap! The story is about some guys making a Take That tribute band...so they don't shoehorn the songs, they just SING them, because they are pretending to be Take That, not to help tell the story! Lame! Some of the songs help the story, but mostly, the songs are presented in a "now the boys will sing Take That's song Babe"...puuuuhleeeeeeeeeease...come up with something clever. It's clear the producers wanted to make a Mamma Mia, but ended up making a mamma of a mess!

The cast are fine, there isn't one performer who stands out as an exceptional performance. The story is cheesy. Euuurghhh...don't waste your money on this. Unless you LOVE cheese - then it's riiiiight up your street!

No comments: